Friday, September 27, 2013 / by Tom Nickley
Why Should You Work With a Realtor?
Buying or selling a home is one of the biggest financial decisions that most people will ever make in life. With transactions typically ranging from $100,000 into the millions it is important to work with a professional Realtor that has a thorough understanding of the buying and selling process and that will work diligently on your behalf. Working with a Realtor will not only make for a more seamless and less stressful transaction, but can also mean thousands more in your pocket in the end.
Here are a few reasons that choosing a professional Realtor to represent you is great idea:
- Determining Buying Power & Coordinating Financing Options - One of the most important steps in purchasing a home is determining how much home you can afford and getting pre approved for a loan. A professional Realtor will help you gather information needed to make financing decisions and will be able to connect you with the lenders that are most qualified to help you.
- Local Market Expertise & Resources - A Realtor will be able to provide you with a wealth of knowledge regarding the local community including schools, zoning, local amenities, local housing market trends and statistics & much more. They will help you determine if the community offers the things that are most important to your family and can give you a good idea if the property will have resale value in the future when you decide to sell.
- Negotiation - There are countless things that can be negotiated in real estate transations and Realtors are highly skilled in this area. Everything from pricing, terms, date of possession, financing, repairs, inclusion or exclusion of furnishings and a multitude of other things are up for negotiation. Having a Realtor will assure you that you are getting the best possible deal and walking away a winner.
- Due Diligence in the Evaluation of Properties - This could include everything from termite inspections, asbestos, roof conditions, structure problems, septic tank and well issues & the list goes on and on. Your Realtor works with a network of professionals that will do these investigations on your behalf and provide your with the finding to assist you in making the right decision. A Realtor will also make sure that there are no problems with the title and help fix any issues that could potentially cause a problem at the closing table.
- When selling your home a Realtor will provide you with local market information regarding pricing, terms, conditions and average days on market of comparable properties. This will allow you to effectively price your home to sell in the quickest amount of time for the highest price.
- Marketing - One of a Realtor's most important jobs is the marketing of your home to potential buyers. Presenting your home to the largest number of qualified buyers in the shortest amount of time is the ultimate goal. A Realtor will utilize the latest technology in order to get your property the exposure that it needs to sell quickly. Your home will be listed on the Realtor's listing service (MLS), through internet listing syndications on hundreds of websites, virtual tours & videos of your home & by posting on websites like NextBigMoveOrlando.com, which gets thousands of unique visitors each month.
- A good Realtor will always keep your best interest at mind. Focusing on your goals, your wants, your needs and the things that are important to your family will create a win-win situation during the buying or selling of your next home.