Friday, August 18, 2017 / by Tom Nickley
Are You Listing Your Home This Fall? These 5 Tips Can Help
Want to sell your Orlando Home? Get a free home value report | Want to buy an Orlando Home? Search all homes for sale
If you’re going to be putting your home on the market this fall, there are a few key things you’ll need to know first.
Fall is right around the corner. So, before you move forward with listing in the coming season, I’ve got five things for you to consider.
1. It’s still a very hot seller’s market. Here in Central Florida, interest rates are still down, affordability is great, and there is strong buyer demand. In fact, 40% of the homes that go on our local market are going under contract within eight days of being listed.
2. Don’t over-improve your home. It seems natural to want to put a lot of time and money into fixing up your property before you list. However, sinking too much money into unnecessary upgrades and renovations won’t always bring a high return. Things like decluttering, depersonalizing, painting, and adding curb appeal to the home are going to be the most impactful changes you can make.
3. Do not limit the number of showings. If your home is priced correctly in this hot market, you’re going to be hit with a lot of interested buyers. Some people may feel tempted to turn down some of these showings—but that actually isn’t a good idea. Getting as many qualified buyers through your home early in the process will hopefully help you drive up offer price and create multiple offer situations
"Working with professionals is the greatest investment you can make for your home sale."
4. Don’t overprice your home. While although the market is hot, it is never a good idea to overprice. When you overprice your listing, buyers will be deterred from it and the property will sit on the market through a series of price reductions. Ultimately, overpricing your home will actually net you less in the long run.
5. Don’t try to sell it on your own. Many homeowners believe that they can save money by doing the job on their own. However, real estate professionals are spending thousands upon thousands each month on the necessary tools to do the job right. The cost you’ll pay for commission is going to be a small price for the quality of service and the results you’ll receive from working with a professional. Professionals will know how to market your home and get it sold. Working with professionals is the greatest investment you can make for your home sale.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.